Friday, March 21, 2014

I made some bread a couple of weeks ago. It all came about because I was out of bread and too lazy to get dressed and go to the store. I had yeast in the cupboard, so I started looking online for recipes that didn't seem too hard or time consuming. I used the Pioneer Woman's recipe for cinnamon bread, found here:http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/08/homemade-cinnamon-bread/.
I made one loaf cinnamon and one loaf plain, and oh, my, did my kitchen smell heavenly!

I stored half of the plain loaf in the freezer for future reference, since I knew I wouldn't be able to eat the whole thing before the dreaded green stuff appeared on it.

I took the frozen bread out to thaw a few days ago, and sadly, it had dried out too much to make good sandwiches. So, I cut it up into big chunks, added some eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon, and made bread pudding.
It was wonderful on the first day, warm with whipped cream for dessert, and even better the next morning, with maple syrup for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment